Alhaji Aliko dangote Nigerian Business man, (born 10 April 1957) founder and chairman of Dangote group, an industrial conglomerate in Africa.
Aliko Dangote Net Worth
Aliko Dangote current net worth hits $8 billion USD as of May, making him the 162 richest man in the world and the richest person in African.
Aliko Dangote Family and Life
Alhaji Dangote is a full Muslim man born and brought up in kano state, Nigeria. The famous philanthropist was born 10 April, 1957.
Dangote grew into a wealthy Muslim family, His dad Mohammed Dangote and Mariya Sanusi Dantata, the daughter of the famous Sanusi dantata.
Aliko Dangote Educational Background
If you must Aliko Dangote has recieved a Bachelor’s Degreein business studies and administration from Al-Azhar University, Cairo.
Aliko Dangote said in an Air Interview
“I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [candy] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time.”
Aliko Dangote Business Career
Aliko Dangote Business group started here in Nigeria as a small firm 1977, when he relocated to Lagos to establish it.
Today Dangote business group is a Multi Trillion-naira company.
Dangote has expanded to cover food processing, cement manufacturing, and freight. The Dangote Group also dominates the sugar market in Nigeria and is a major supplier to the country’s soft drink companies, breweries, and confectioners. The Dangote Group has moved from being a trading company to be the largest industrial group in Nigeria including Dangote Sugar Refinery, Dangote Cement, and Dangote Flour.
Aliko Dangote Awards and Recognition
- Dangote was awarded Nigeria’s second-highest honour, the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) by the former president, Goodluck Jonathan.
- Dangote was named as the Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2014.
- For six consecutive years, 2013,2014,2015,20162017,and 2018Forbes listed him as the ‘Most Powerful Man in Africa’.
- In 2014, he was listed CNBC’s ‘Top 25 Businessmen in the World’ that changed and shaped the century.
- In April 2014, TIME Magazine listed him among its 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- In October 2015, Dangote was listed among ‘50 Most Influential Individuals in the World’ by Bloomberg Markets.
- He won ‘The Guardian Man of the Year 2015’
- He won the ‘2016 African Business Leader Award,’ organised by the Africa-America Institute (AAI).